Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Museum of the Moving Image Redux

I am glad to know that the arcade games are still there.

I've always liked this museum. I've seen these exhibits before, but it's still great to see them again. Just to seem all the different ways a piece of film and media come together is eye opening. I always particularly enjoy the stop-motion animation stations, and I always forget how annoying it is to get your dialogue in sync with the footage when I (watch someone) try to attempt the ADR. The wall of photographs of actors and actresses of the past is always, personally, awe-inspiring.

It's pretty humbling to see all the old school equipment that was used to make all these films and media of the past. It's amazing how far we've come in just a few decades. Still, it shows that there's still so much more that can - and will - be accomplished. Here's to a future filled with more opportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment